Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thai Chicken Patties with Lemongrass

My mother bought a free-range hen and she gave me the breast.  I was craving something Asian really badly. It didn't take me long to decide to make some Thai patties with lots of ginger, lemongrass & ... ramson. OK, ramson is not exactly Thai, but it's plentiful this time of the year in Romania and it tastes like garlic. 



I remember that last time I made chicken patties was more than a year ago when I posted my Madras Cheese Cream inspired by Claude Olivier, a Swiss food blogger I admire very much. He has this wonderful blog where everything he cooks is pure gourmet, but he does it so...effortlessly. There are wonderful recipes of starters, main courses, soups, desserts, beautiful photography, great restaurant reviews, wine pairing etc. Everything he posts is truly delicious and I have many times drooled all over the laptop dreaming of his recipes. 

Thai Chicken Patties (spring is beautiful) 

Type of cuisine: Asian/Thai/Low-fat

This is one of the easiest recipes in the world. It doesn't take long to make and it goes a long way if you have a party (it's perfect for a light starter). Or they are oerfect as a snack for lunch. 

Ingredients

500 gr of minced chicken breast

+

coriander/crushed garlic/grated ginger

+

the greens (finely chopped spring onions, wild garlic/ramson, parsley, lemongrass)

Method

Grind the chicken breast and place it in a large bowl. 

Grate the ginger and the cloves of garlic & chop the herbs.

Mix the meat with the greens and the spices, plus one tsp of coriander. To make the patties, shape them by hand and...

1) place them on parchment paper & roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes. 

  2) fry them if you don't care much about calories :)) 

I must say that fried patties are crunchier and very moist. I opted for roasting them in the oven at 180 degrees (as I tend to avoid frying and using oil as much as possible).
For this reason they were a little dry, but dipped in sweet chilly sauce they were amazing and totally guilt-free :))


The ginger gave them a mildly spicy taste and imparted a heavenly delicate flavour. Totally loved them with celandine salad with a simple lemon dressing. 

Yes, I must say I am totally in love with spring. What a beautiful, gorgeous, delicate and surprising season!

an edible celandine yellow flower - *I love spring*

No comments:

Post a Comment