Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Watermelon Smoothie & My Obsession w Instagram

We are blessed with superb September weather here in Romania. It's still quite hot and there is a clarity in the sky that you can experience only at the beginning of autumn. Watermelons are ripe and crack open easily under the gentle rip of the knife. 
Watermelons are plentiful and unless I make the most of the season while I can, I know will pine over them all winter... 

How does a salad in a glass sound to you? Because it makes me drool just thinking about it. :)
The idea came to me while I was still in bed this morning daydreaming about breakfast, when I remembered a delicious Moroccan Watermelon Salad that I had read about on one of my favourite foodblogs. 

Watermelon Smoothie with Orange Blossom Water, Buttermilk & Mint

(serves two people)


La Vie en Rose...by Instagram


Type of cuisine: Morrocan


Preparation time: 2 minutes (really)

Just blend a thick slice of seedless watermelon, a cup of buttermilk or low-fat yogurt with a spoonful of orange blossom water and roughly chopped mint.  It's the easiest thing in the world. and certainly one of the healthiest things you can think of.
Have you noticed that I didn't mention brown sugar nor honey?  No need to use them as the melon is naturally sweet.  :)
The orange blossom water stands out beautifully and takes you to distant lands. What a great way to start the weekend, isn't it?

PS. The photo is taken with Mike's iPhone and treated with Instagram- the nicest app ever *love* as it makes taking photos so much fun. Instagram gets the best of me :)) xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love watermelone.Never understood why you can/t buy watermelone juice?:)
    Your smoothie is so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy orange juice from the supermarket, but even if they say it's 100 % natural, it's not. :(
    I am a big believer in (almost) anything home-made, as you can control the ingredients, the salt/fat/oil intake.
    Glad you liked this smoothie. Last year I made some lassis - check out my post called Lassi on the Rocks.
    Thank you for your comments. They mean a lot to me. xx Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love some of this salad in a glass, esp. with watermelon a great quench burster. Thanks for the recipe, its one I hope to make.

    ReplyDelete