Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

(My First) Spinach Fritatta

I have come across this dish recently while browsing BBC Good Food magazine and I was lured by words such as "fast" and "easy". And even though I am not a beginner-amateur-chef-at-home, frankly, who wants to spend an hour in the kitchen in the morning? Certainly not me! :)
One thing I like about fritatta is that it's versatile and almost anything can go into it: potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, sweet peas, beans- you name it, the sky is the limit. 

*Instagram love*

I decided to go for spinach galore for my VEGETARIAN low fat fritatta :) Yes, put my own mark on it.

Type of cuisine: Spanish/European/Fusion

Preparation time: 20 minutes

Spinach &  Mushroom Fritatta with Cumin & Zataar

Ingredients

(for 2 persons)

4 free-range eggs

1/4 red onion

1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil

approx 10 mushrooms

2 handfuls of fresh spinach

4 cherry tomatoes

spring onion

20 ml of low-fat single cream

salt with herbs

thyme

zataar

cumin

Italian hard cheese to sprinkle on top

Method

Dice the red onion, slice the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chop the spinach and the spring onions. Break the eggs and beat them. Season with salt flavoured with herbs, thyme, zataar, cumin

Fry the red onion in a wok or a low pot in a dash of extra virgin olive oil, add the mushrooms and wait for them to brown. Add the spinach, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, and the single cream and cover with a lid. That will allow them to simmer nicely. 
Once you see the spinach soften, pour the omelette on top and cover. I decided to cook it on the cooker instead of baking it in the oven. Finally, sprinkle some hard Italian cheese on top.

The result was amazing. I was totally taken aback. Spinach usually goes very well with eggs, but paired with zataar and cumin, it feels like an explosion of flavours in your mouth. It's so #simply #gourmet :)


a hungry fella with a big mouth :)


3 comments:

  1. Great and fast indeed.Love everything with spinach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like so great and delicious! It's that awesome dish perfect for every moment of the day!

    ReplyDelete