Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

To the Moon and Back: Rocket with Prawns, Chevre & Strawberries


Have I ever told you how much I miss spring, clear blue skies and sunshine? Maybe not on this blog, but I have been moaning enough on Twitter and Facebook. It's been a long winter... Spring must come with good weather, warmth, joie de vivre, exuberance, bonheur, and vitality. Spring is not just any season. Spring is a state of mind, a time to ditch the old, the bad, and the ugly, all wintery habits, and embrace a new mindset. I want to exercise more, I want to go out, I want to stop being lazy, I want to move, I want to socialize more, I want to work out, I want to breathe, I want to be me!

This post is a dedication to all who suffered the wrath of winter: short days, running noses and unforgiving colds, frostbites, a gloomy mood, S.A.D. (as in Seasonal Affective Disorder) - just to name a few.

Rocket Salad with Prawns, Chevre & Strawberries 

I've been a cheat!!!! :)  I had had baby spinach in my mind for this dish, but since I could find none in the supermarket, I decided to give rocket a try. Fusion is all about improvising and taking an ingredient to the next level, right?

Type of cuisine: Fusion/Low-Fat

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Difficulty: easy

Shopping list  


100 gr rocket

twelve prawns

strawberries (use around 4)

chevre 

olive oil

balsamic vinegar

salt

sumac

soy sauce, fish sauce, crushed garlic, sweet chilli, curry leaves (for the marinade)

chives (for decoration)



Preparation



Peel the prawns and wash in cold water. Marinate them in 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, crushed garlic (2 cloves), sweet chilli and crushed dry curry leaves (no more than 4 small leaves).
Grill the prawns and use the sauce during grilling to keep them moist and juicy.

Cut the strawberries in quarters. Cut four or five pieces of chevre and shape them into small balls. Roll them in sumac.

Wash the rocket and drain well.

Method

Put the rocket in a deep bowl. Sprinkle some salt and some sumac (yes, it's quite lemony), dress the salad with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix. 

Place the prawns, the strawberries and the chevre on top. 

Decorate with chives. 



lunch & sunshine, what more can I ask for? 

in the background: stuffed mushrooms w mascarpone, oregano, sweet chilli, sumac & chives

No comments:

Post a Comment